It Takes A lot of Blue To Stay Green
“Thousands have lived without love, not one without water.”
These days, the water crisis claims more lives through diseases, then any war claims through guns. Many poor people these days are sacrificing their lives just because they have no access to fresh water whereas, the rich is wasting it on purpose.
Why is there a dire need to preserve water?
We cannot live without water. Saving water helps to preserve our environment. It diminishes the energy required to process and deliver water, which helps in reducing pollution and in conserving fuel resources. Saving water now means having water available in the future for recreational purposes, too.
How do we conserve water?
- Turn off the tap while washing your hands: Do you need the water to run while you’re scrubbing your hands? Turn the faucet off after you wet your hands until you need to rinse and save a few gallons of water.
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth: Don’t let all that water go down the drain while you brush! Turn off the tap after you wet your brush, and leave it off until it’s time to wash.
- Shower Bucket: Instead of letting the water decant down the drain, stick a bucket under the faucet while you wait for your shower water to heat up. You can use the water for flushing the toilet or watering your plants.
- If it’s yellow, let it mellow: This tip might not be for everyone, but the toilet is one of the most water-intensive fixtures in the house. Do you need to flush every time?
- Fix your leaks: Whether you go DIY or appoint a plumber, fixing leaky faucets can mean big water savings.
- Cut your showers short: Older shower heads can use as much as 5 gallons of water per minute. Speed things up in the shower for some serious water savings.
- Re-use your pasta cooking liquid: Instead of dumping that water down the drain, try draining your pasta water into a huge pot. Once it cools, you can use it to water your plants. Just make sure you wait, because if you dump that boiling water on your plants, the results can be evil!
The world needs more water, the worlds need more life. We as individuals need to do more than our potential to help save this planet so, conserve water, and conserve life.